Murray Hill's Blog Spot

Welcome all exotic wildlife fans. With emphisis on elephants. ALL comments pro and con are welcome. Maybe with different views, we can all come to a concluion as to what will be best for the exotic animals and the human animals.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Hills Great London Circus, Delavin, WI - June 1971


Hills Great London Circus,
Delavin, WI - June 1971
Beenie and Tory doing the Head Spin routine.

This was the only 3-ring circus that I produced.

In the early winter of '71 Gordon Yadon of the CFA in Delivan called me one day and asked if I would produce a circus for his chapter. He told me that his CFA members would cooperate and help in any way thay could. They sure did.

I started lining up acts that winter on the Shrine dates I was working and when I got home I called Gordon and told him some of the performers I had contracted. He was pleased with my selections. Then he hit me with what would be to me one of the most pleasent news I would have in the circus. He and his members of the CFA were able to get Merle Evans who was retired from the RBBB to lead a live circus band all made up of CFA's.

I was the ringmaster and David Hall worked the Mitie-Mites. He had worked with me for years and with the rest of the show he did a great job. A show I will never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home